Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A logical question...


It's rather hard for my 4 year old grandson (Jackson) to wrap his arms around the fact that I used to be in the military. Never having seen me in uniform, (I'm retired for more years than he's been alive) or never even seeing much to do with that type of thing, the "soldier" concept is rather vague. Furthermore, the concept of time is not yet fully developed. You will probably see what I mean.

Here's the way one conversation went. "Grandpa, were you a Soldier?"

"Yes." I replied.

"Did you carry a gun?"

Again, I replied "Yes, sometimes I did."

"Did you ever shoot any dinosaurs?"

What could I say?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

...Only the dinosaurs that worked for the other guys. :-)

Glynis said...

Thanks for writing down one of my favorite Jackson stories!! Isn't he adorable? No bias here! :)

Unknown said...

Oh my, I'm rolling on the floor here. Reminds me of some of the conversation between my dad (retired AF NCO) and my kids. Looking forward to reading alot more.

Bonnie said...

Oh cool! Glynis's dad! Nice to meet you! I look forward to reading more of your blog!